Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Dusting off the old Uke

I probably haven't told you this but I play the Bass Guitar and the Ukulele along with a plethora of other instruments but the first two are the most I enjoy to play. Many people ask why I learn so many odd instruments without learning the most common instruments such as the Guitar or Piano. I just reply that I don't know why. I never have thought about this topic until I read about this guy that knows how to play like 200 instruments, excluding the Piano. I always felt that, those two instruments were the instruments that everyone learned how to play and that I would not be able to excel because there would always be people better than me. I also made self feel better by thinking that they were stupid instruments to learn when, in reality, there is not a real reason to avoid learning any musical instrument because of popularity and that you should continually expand your knowledge. This was always a topic of reflection for me but I have decided that mastering them both are my next goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment